Student Success Framework
The Student Success Model depicts the central mission of the SON: to educate and transform nurses to practice in dynamic healthcare environments with diverse populations. Successful enactment of the mission requires student success, which requires positive engagement among students, faculty, and staff of the SON. These three groups work to embody compassion and interconnectedness, allowing program growth and excellence, supporting SON program goals. Undergirding all are strong curricular foundations and adequate and appropriate program structural elements (resources).
We educate and transform nurses to practice in dynamic healthcare environments with diverse populations.
- To provide quality nursing programs which are accessible to a diverse student population.
- To prepare graduates who can provide culturally sensitive and competent care within a framework of scientific and professional accountability and function independently in a variety of settings.
- To prepare graduates with the necessary foundation for further education and specialization within their chosen career path and who demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning for personal and professional growth.
- To establish and maintain innovative educational partnerships to promote health and meet societal imperatives.
- To be recognized as a center of excellence in nursing education.