DNP Nurse Anesthesia Admission Requirements
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for admission to apply. No exceptions are made.
- Active, unrestricted, California RN license
with no disciplinary action pending or imposed
- Applicants who are currently licensed outside of California are encouraged to review the requirements for California RN Licensure by Endorsement to ensure they meet the California Board of Registered Nursing requirements for California RN Licensure. Note the BRN's Prerequisite Course requirements for Licensure by Endorsement.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) or Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 semester units of college/university coursework
- Minimum of one year of current full time clinical registered nursing experience in adult critical care ICU. The Adult ICU requirement can be satisfied by working in any kind of Adult ICU environment, such as a Medical ICU, Surgical ICU, Coronary Care Unit, Trauma ICU, Cardiovascular ICU, Neuro ICU, Burn ICU, and CT ICU.The following experience is NOT considered adult critical care: emergency room, post anesthesia care unit, step down unit, cath lab.
- CCRN (Adult) Certification
- Documented experience shadowing a current CRNA
University English Proficiency Requirement : Regardless of citizenship, all applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency before an admissions decision can be made. The University will accept TOEFL, IELTS and PTE proficiency tests. Review the University's requirements on the Admissions and Records website.