DNP Nurse Anesthesia Selection Process
After the October 31st application deadline, the KPSA admissions committee reviews all complete applications. Every year admission to the anesthesia program becomes more competitive. Hundreds of qualified applicants compete for 35-40 positions.
Well qualified applicants should:
- Possess a BSN and/or MSN degree with a grade point average greater than a 3.5 on a 4 point scale,
- Earn "A" grades in completed science courses,
- Have at least 2-3 years of current adult ICU experience in a large metropolitan teaching facility,
- Obtain professional certifications in addition to CCRN
- Serve on unit-based or hospital-wide committees or task forces, and
- Demonstrate leadership skills in research, management, or education.
- Service to the community and/or profession