Jump Start Program Overview
The Jump Start program provides an opportunity for students to enroll into BSN courses at California State University, Fullerton while also being enrolled in a regionally accredited community college ADN program located in California.
Interested in the Jump Start program, please contact the Pre-Enrollment Advisor, Laurel Replogle, at BSN@fullerton.edu.
The Jump Start program only operates during the summer (10 week session) through Open University (OU). Tuition and fees are determined by OU which is subject to change. Please visit their website to review all tuition and fees.
Open University: http://ou.fullerton.edu/
Each summer session, the School of Nursing will offer the following courses:
- NURS 305: Professional Nursing (3 units)
- NURS 310: Nursing Research/Evidence Based Practice (3 units)
Jump Start students must take either NURS 305 or NURS 310 the first semester. These students will have an opportunity to take the other the following summer. There is a maximum of one course per summer session.
Each course will be offered face-to-face and online.
To be successful in these courses, students must be willing to devote a significant amount of time to coursework each week. Students should plan to spend approximately 10 to 15 hours per week, per class.
Benefits to participating in Jump Start:
- Students will have the opportunity to complete up to 6 units of the 26 units of RN-BSN nursing coursework.
- Become familiar with California State University, Fullerton's RN-BSN program coursework expectations and content.
- Have the opportunity to network with current Cal State Fullerton students, faculty, and staff.
Disclaimer: Priority admission* to the RN-BSN program will be given to students who completed a course or courses through Jump Start.
* The RN-BSN admission critiera still needs to be met (by applying and submitting all required documents by the deadline).