Jump Start Program Overview
The Jump Start program provides an opportunity for students to enroll into BSN courses at California State University, Fullerton while also being enrolled in a regionally accredited community college ADN program located in California. Interested in the Jump Start program, please contact the Pre-Enrollment Advisor, Laurel Replogle, at email@example.com.
The Jump Start program only operates during the summer (10 week session) through Open University (OU). Tuition and fees are determined by OU which is subject to change. Please visit their website to review all tuition and fees. Open University: http://ou.fullerton.edu/
Each summer session, the School of Nursing will offer the following courses:
- NURS 305: Professional Nursing (4 units)
- NURS 310: Nursing Research/Evidence Based Practice (3 units)
- NURS 340: Advanced Concepts I (2 units)
- NURS 340L: Advanced Concepts Lab (1 unit)
First-time Jump Start students must take either NURS 305 or NURS 310 or both the first summer semester. Jump Start students who have previously completed NURS 305 and NURS 310 in prior summers are eligible to enroll into NURS 340 and NURS 340L. There is a maximum of two courses per summer session.
Each course will be offered face-to-face and online.
To be successful in these courses, students must be willing to devote a significant amount of time to coursework each week. Students should plan to spend approximately 10 to 15 hours per week, per class. In addition, students in both formats must attend a 4 hour orientation at the start of the program.
Benefits to participating in Jump Start:
- Students will have the opportunity to complete up to 10 units of the 41 units of RN-BSN nursing coursework.
- Become familiar with California State University, Fullerton's RN-BSN program coursework expectations and content.
- Have the opportunity to network with current Cal State Fullerton students, faculty, and staff.
Disclaimer: Participating in the Jump Start program does not guarantee admission! Priority admission will only be given to students who complete the RN-BSN application process and meet all current RN-BSN admission criteria.
Please contact the Pre-Enrollment Advisor, Laurel Replogle, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-3336