Jump Start Program Overview
The School of Nursing at California State University, Fullerton offers an opportunity to prospective students interested in our RN-BSN program to enroll into RN-BSN courses during the summer session while still enrolled in one of our partnered Community Colleges.
Jump Start is held through Open University/Extended Education (OU/EEU). Tuition and fees are determined by OU which is subject to change at any time. It is recommended to visit their website for more information: http://ou.fullerton.edu/
Each summer we will offer:
- NURS 305: Professional Nursing (4 units)
- NURS 310: Nursing Research/Evidence Based Practice (3 units)
- NURS 340/L: Advanced Concepts I (3 units)
First-time Jump Start students must take either NURS 305 or NURS 310 or both the first summer semester. Jump Start students who have previously completed NURS 305 and NURS 310 in prior summers are eligible to enroll into NURS 340 and NURS 340L.
Each course will be offered face-to-face on the CSUF campus and online*. Applicants must indicate format preference on the application.
*There is an additional fee for distance-based courses. $50 per lecture unit and $100 per lab unit.
To be successful in these courses, students must be willing to devote a significant amount of time to coursework each week. Students should plan to spend approximately 10 to 15 hours per week, per class. In addition, students in both formats must attend a 4 hour orientation at the start of the program.
Benefits to participating in Jump Start:
- Students will have the opportunity to complete up to 10 units of the 41 units of RN-BSN nursing coursework.
- Become familiar with California State University, Fullerton's RN-BSN program coursework expectations and content.
- Have the opportunity to network with current Cal State Fullerton students, faculty, and staff.
Disclaimer: Participating in the Jump Start program does not guarantee admission! Priority admission will only be given to students who complete the RN-BSN application process and meet all current RN-BSN admission criteria.
Please contact the Pre-Enrollment Advisor, Laurel Replogle, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-278-3336