MSN Nurse Anesthesia Selection Process
After the November 30th application deadline, the KPSA admissions committee reviews all complete applications. Every year admission to the anesthesia program becomes more competitive. Hundreds of qualified applicants compete for 35-40 positions.
Well qualified applicants should:
- Possess a BSN and/or MSN degree with a grade point average greater than a 3.5 on a 4 point scale,
- Earn "A" grades in completed science courses,
- Have at least 2-3 years of current adult ICU experience in a large metropolitan teaching facility,
- Obtain professional certifications such as CCRN,
- Serve on unit-based or hospital-wide committees or task forces, and
- Demonstrate leadership skills in research, management, or education.