MSN Nurse Educator Application Process
To be considered for admission to the MSN Nurse Educator concentration, you must submit applications to both the University and the School of Nursing. Your application will be considered once both applications are complete.
For complete details about the university application process for graduate students, refer to the CSUF Admissions and Records website. The university application consists of the following:
- CSU Graduate Application for Admission completed online at www.calstate.edu/apply.
- Application fee of $55 submitted online at the time of application.
School of Nursing Application
In addition to submitting the university application, all applicants to the MSN Nurse Educator program must submit a supplemental online application to the School of Nursing as well as official transcripts.
The online application will require the following:
- Completion of an online application form
- Names, titles and contact information including email address for three references who are registered nurses - the School of Nursing will email your references directions to access our online recommendation form. Two recommenders must be registered nurses who can address your clinical knowledge/skills. One recommender should preferably be a former professor.
- Statement of Purpose - in 500 words or less describe your preparation and reason(s) for pursuing graduate study in Nursing Education
- Current Resume detailing all education and nursing work experience
- Printed confirmation of successful submission of the CSU Graduate Application for Admission
Official Transcript Requirement:
After completing the online application, applicants must submit one set of official transcripts from EVERY college/university attended to the School of Nursing via mail. After confirming submission, the School of Nursing will provide the transcripts to the University Admissions Department. You do not need to submit official transcripts to the university separately. All official, sealed transcripts must be submitted in one packet/envelope to the School of Nursing at:
CSUF School of Nursing
800 N State College Blvd, EC 190
Fullerton, CA 92831
Attn: Nurse Educator
Failure to submit all transcripts in one packet could invalidate your application. Once your transcripts are received and your application is processed, you will be sent confirmation via email.
Applications for Fall 2017 are still being accepted with permission of the department. If you are interested in applying for the Fall 2017 semester, please email the Graduate Nursing Advisor at email@example.com for details.
Admission at this point is on a rolling basis. We will continue to process and review complete applications in the order they are received until all seats are filled.