MSN Nurse Educator Prerequisite Courses
- Course Level: Course must be upper division. Upper division courses are generally junior/senior level courses offered at 4 year colleges/universities.
- Required Grade: Grade earned in the course must be C or better.
- Completion Time Frame: You may have this prerequisite in progress at the time of application but it must be complete prior to starting the program.
- Recency Requirement: There is no recency requirement however if it has been over 5 years since you have completed an approved statistics course, we recommend you consider retaking a statistics course prior to starting the program. Retaking statistics if your approved course was completed more than 5 years ago is not required but you will need to use statistics in your MSN courses so should be familiar with statistical concepts.
- If you have completed a lower division statistics course at a community college or 4 year institution, you can have the class reviewed by the School of Nursing to see if it contained sufficient content to meet the prerequisite requirement. To have a course reviewed, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Full Name
- MSN Concentration of Interest
- Course Details: course name & number, institution where course was completed, term course was completed
- Attach a detailed course syllabus to the email. Course descriptions are not sufficient. If you no longer have a syllabus from the course, contact the institution where you completed the course to request a syllabus.
- If you have not yet completed this prerequisite and would like to take a lower division course, please follow the course review process above to have the course pre-approved prior to enrolling in the course.
- If you would like to complete this requirement through CSUF, you can enroll in university courses through Open University. View the Open University website for details about how to register, payment, etc at http://www.ou.fullerton.edu/ . Acceptable CSUF courses include SOCI 303 and HESC 349.