School Nursing Application Process
To be considered for admission to the SNS Credential or MSN School Nurse concentration, you must follow the application process outlined below.
The application process has changed from previous years. Please review updated information below for the Fall 2018 application cycle. Applicants no longer submit a separate application to the School of Nursing. All application pieces are submitted through the University Application.
The Fall 2018 application will be available beginning October 1, 2017 online through Cal State Apply .
MSN Applicants - Select "Graduate " on the Cal State Apply website.
SNSC Applicants - Select "Teaching Credential " on the Cal State Apply website. The SNSC program is not a teaching credential program however the teaching credential section of the university application houses the application for all credentials offered through the univeristy.
The online Cal State Apply application will require the following:
- Completion of online application form which will ask for bio/demographic information and details about your previous education.
- Names and contact information including email address for three references who can provide information about your academic and/or nursing abilities. These references will receive an email with directions complete the recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose - in 500 words or less describe your preparation and reason(s) for pursuing graduate or credential study in School Nursing.
- Current Resume detailing all education and nursing work experience
Copy of current Preliminary or Clear SNS Credential
- SNSC Applicants: Submit Preliminary Credential
- MSN Applicants: Submit Clear Credential
- Application fee of $55 paid online when submitting the application
For complete details about the university application process, refer to the CSUF Admissions and Records website.
The following guides will assist you in completing the university application. Please download the one that corresponds to your program of interest prior to starting your application to help you through the process.
MSN Applicants: Fall 2018 Cal State Apply Guide for MSN Applicants
SNSC Applicants: Fall 2018 Cal State Apply Guide for SNSC Applicants
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENT:
After completing the online application, applicants must submit one set of official transcripts from EVERY college/university attended to the School of Nursing via mail. After confirming submission, the School of Nursing will provide the transcripts to the University Admissions Department. You do not need to submit official transcripts to the university separately. All official, sealed transcripts must be submitted in one packet/envelope to the School of Nursing at:
CSUF School of Nursing
800 N State College Blvd, EC 190
Fullerton, CA 92831
Attn: School Nursing
Failure to submit all transcripts in one packet could invalidate your application.
The Fall 2018 application will be available starting October 1, 2017. The Fall 2018 priority application deadline is February 1, 2018. The following items must be submitted by this date for priority admission status:
- Online Application (recommendations from your references must be completed before you submit)
- University application fee
- Envelope containing all official transcripts mailed to the School of Nursing must be postmarked by the priority deadline
Prospective students can continue to apply after February 1st. Admissions at that point will be on a rolling basis. We will first admit all qualified applicants who applied by the priority deadline. If space is still available once all qualified priority applicants are offered admission, we will continue to process and review complete applications in the order they are received until all seats are filled.
The School Nurse Services Credential Program is impacted - we receive more qualified applications than we can admit. We will likely not be able to consider Credential applications that are submitted after the priority deadline.
The MSN School Nurse program is not impacted. Generally we can admit all qualified applicants, even those who apply after the priority deadline. However, we highly encourage applicants to submit complete applications by the priority deadline.