MSN Leadership Application Process
The application process has changed from previous years. Please review updated information below for the Fall 2018 application cycle. Applicants no longer submit a separate application to the School of Nursing. All application pieces are submitted through the University Application.
The Fall 2018 application will be available beginning October 1, 2017 online through Cal State Apply .
The online Cal State Apply application will require the following:
- Completion of online application form which will ask for bio/demographic information and details about your previous education.
- Names and contact information including email address for three references who are registered nurses. These references will receive an email with directions complete the recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose - in 500 words or less describe your preparation and reason(s) for pursuing graduate study in Nursing Leadership
- Current Resume detailing all education and nursing work experience
- Application fee of $55 paid online when submitting the application
For complete details about the university application process for graduate students, refer to the CSUF Admissions and Records website.
The following guide will assist you in completing the university application. Please download it prior to starting your application to help you through the process.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENT:
After completing the online application, applicants must submit one set of official transcripts from EVERY college/university attended to the School of Nursing via mail. After confirming submission, the School of Nursing will provide the transcripts to the University Admissions Department. You do not need to submit official transcripts to the university separately. All official, sealed transcripts must be submitted in one packet/envelope to the School of Nursing at:
CSUF School of Nursing
800 N State College Blvd, EC 190
Fullerton, CA 92831
Failure to submit all transcripts in one packet could invalidate your application.
The Fall 2018 application will be available starting October 1, 2017. The Fall 2018 priority application deadline is February 1, 2018. The following items must be submitted by this date for priority admission status:
- Online Application (recommendations must be completed before you will be able to submit)
- University application fee
- Envelope containing all official transcripts mailed to the School of Nursing must be postmarked by the priority deadline
Prospective students can continue to apply after February 1st. Admissions at that point will be on a rolling basis. We will first admit all qualified applicants who applied by the priority deadline. If space is still available once all qualified priority applicants are offered admission, we will continue to process and review complete applications in the order they are received until all seats are filled.