School Nursing Application Process
To be considered for admission to the SNS Credential or MSN School Nurse concentration, you must submit applications to both the University and the School of Nursing. Your application will be considered once both applications are complete.
For complete details about the university application process for graduate students, refer to the CSUF Admissions and Records website. The university application consists of the following:
- CSU Graduate Application for Admission completed online at www.calstate.edu/apply.
- Application fee of $55 submitted online at the time of application.
School of Nursing Application
In addition to submitting the university application, all applications to the MSN School Nursing program or the SNS Credential program must submit a supplemental online application to the School of Nursing as well as official transcripts.
The online application will require the following:
- Completion of an online School of Nursing Application form
- Statement of Purpose - in 500 words or less, describe your preparation and reasons for pursuing credential or graduate study in School Nursing
- Names, titles and contact information including email address for three references - the School of Nursing will email your references directions to access our online recommendation form
- Current Resume detailing all education and nursing work experience
- Copy of current Preliminary or Clear Credential
- SNSC Applicants: Submit Preliminary Credential
- MSN School Nurse Applicants: Submit Clear Credential
- Printed confirmation of successful submission of the CSU Graduate Application for Admission
Official Transcript Requirement:
After completing the online application, applicants must submit one set of official transcripts from EVERY college/university attended to the School of Nursing via mail. After confirming submission, the School of Nursing will provide the transcripts to the University Admissions Department. You do not need to submit official transcripts to the university separately. All official, sealed transcripts must be submitted in one packet/envelope to the School of Nursing at:
CSUF School of Nursing
800 N State College Blvd, EC 190
Fullerton, CA 92831
Attn: School Nursing
Failure to submit all transcripts in one packet could invalidate your application. Once your transcripts are received and your application is processed, you will be sent confirmation via email.
Fall 2017 applications for the School Nurse Services Credential are closed. We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2018 in October 2017. Fall 2018 application details will be posted by September 2017.
Applications for the MSN School Nurse program are still being accepted for Fall 2017 with permission of the department. If you are interested in applying for the Fall 2017 semester, please email the Graduate Nursing Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission at this point is on a rolling basis. We will continue to process and review complete applications in the order they are received until all seats are filled.