MSN Women's Health Care Application Process
To be considered for admission to the MSN Women's Health Care concentration, you must submit applications to both the University and the School of Nursing. Your application will be considered once both applications are complete.
For complete details about the university application process for graduate students, refer to the CSUF Admissions and Records website. The university application consists of the following:
- CSU Graduate Application for Admission completed online at www.csumentor.edu . The Fall 2017 application will be available beginning October 1, 2016.
- Application fee of $55 submitted online at the time of application.
School of Nursing Application
In addition to submitting the university application, all applicants to the MSN Women's Health Care program must submit a supplemental online application to the School of Nursing as well as official transcripts. The School of Nursing application will be available online beginning October 1st.
The online application will require the following:
- Completion of an online application form
- Names, titles and contact information including email address for three references - the School of Nursing will email your references directions to access our online recommendation form
- Statement of Purpose - in 500 words or less describe your preparation and reason(s) for pursuing graduate study in Women's Health Care
- Current Resume detailing all education and nursing work experience
- Printed confirmation of successful submission of the CSU Graduate Application for Admission
Official Transcript Requirement:
After completing the online application, applicants must submit one set of official transcripts from EVERY college/university attended to the School of Nursing via mail. After confirming submission, the School of Nursing will provide the transcripts to the University Admissions Department. You do not need to submit official transcripts to the university separately. All official, sealed transcripts must be submitted in one packet/envelope to the School of Nursing at:
CSUF School of Nursing
800 N State College Blvd, EC 190
Fullerton, CA 92831
Attn: Women's Health Care
Failure to submit all transcripts in one packet could invalidate your application. Once your transcripts are received and your application is processed, you will be sent confirmation via email.
The Fall 2017 priority application deadline is January 15, 2017. The following items must be submitted by this date:
- Online University Application
- University application fee
- Complete Online School of Nursing Application (recommendations from your references must also be completed)
- Envelope containing all official transcripts mailed to the School of Nursing must be postmarked by the priority deadline
Once applications are processed, selected qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview on the CSUF campus. Interview invitations will be sent via email and interviews generally take place in March.
If you have missed the priority application deadline, contact the School of Nursing to ask if we are able to grant application extensions. This program is impacted - we receive applications from more qualified applicants than we have space to admit. We highly encourage you to apply by the priority application deadline as application extensions may not be granted depending on the number of qualified applications received prior to the deadline. Once interviews have taken place, no further applications will be accepted for the current admission cycle.