SNS Credential Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, applicants must minimally meet California State University, Fullerton and School of Nursing requirements for admission which include the following:
- Active, unrestricted, California RN license with no disciplinary action pending or imposed
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA or last 60 semester unit GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Approved audiology course (can be completed prior to starting the SNSC program or during the first year of the program)
- If bachelor's degree is in a field other than Nursing, Community Health Nursing completed with a "C" or better
- At the time of application, SNSC applicants must hold a California Preliminary School Nurse Services Credential .
- Must be employed and working as a School Nurse by the application deadline (February 1st). At least one (1) year of work experience as a School Nurse is strongly recommended.
- Must be working as a School Nurse throughout the entirety of the program
- Additional Admission Criteria for the SNSC program reviewed during impacted application cycles:
- Expiration Date of Preliminary SNS Credential
University English Proficiency Requirement: Regardless of citizenship, all applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency before an admissions decision can be made. The University will accept TOEFL, IELTS and PTE proficiency tests. Review the University's requirements on the Admissions website.