RN-BSN Admission Requirements
Prospective students must meet both Cal State Fullerton University admission requirements and the School of Nursing admission requirements.
Currently, the campus based RN-BSN program is not impacted which means all students who meet the minimum requirements will be admitted. The distance based RN-BSN program is impacted which means we are unable to admit all minimally qualified applicants. Admission to impacted cohorts is based on cumulative, transferable GPA once all other requirements are met. Competitive GPA levels will vary depending on the applicant pool for each distance site.
University Admission Requirements
For university admission into the RN-BSN program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of at least 60 transferable semester units
- Cumulative, transferable Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale). At the university's discretion, the GPA criteria may vary depending upon allotted enrollment limits. Please refer to CSUF Admissions and Records for more information about university GPA criteria.
- Golden Four basic general education requirements
- Oral Communications
- Written Communications
- Critical Thinking
- College Level Math (the School of Nursing recommends completing a statistics course that satisfies the university math requirement as this will also then satisfy the Nursing Statistics prerequisite)
All undergraduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, who have not attended schools at the secondary level or above for at least three years full time where English is the principal language of instruction, must demonstrate competence in English by taking the TOEFL test. A minimum score of 500 (paper) or 61 (internet based test) on the TOEFL test is required.
If you are an international student on F-1 visa status who is interested in our RN-BSN programs, you must apply for our campus based RN-BSN program due to the educational requirements of your visa. The distance based RN-BSN program does not meet the visa requirements for international students. If you have questions, please contact the Office of International Education and Exchange at (657) 278-2787 for more information about F-1 visa student educational requirements.
For more information about University Admission Requirements, visit the CSUF Admissions and Records website.
School of Nursing Admission Requirements
- An Associate Degree in Nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Eligible for university admission as outlined above
- Completion of college level courses in the following areas with a grade of C or better
- Anatomy with Lab
- Physiology with Lab
- Microbiology with Lab
- Current California RN license or be eligible for a California RN license (must obtain prior to second semester in the program)