SNS Credential Application Process
To be considered for admission to the School Nurse Services Credential (SNSC) Program, you must follow the application process outlined below.
To apply to the program, prospective students must submit an online application and official transcripts. The application deadline for Fall 2023 admission is February 1, 2023.
The Fall 2023 application will be available beginning October 1, 2022 online through Cal State Apply .
All applicants should select "Graduate " on the Cal State Apply website to access the application for each of these programs.
The online Cal State Apply application will require the following:
- Completion of online application form which will ask for bio/demographic information and details about your previous education.
- Names and contact information including email address for three references who can provide information about your academic and/or nursing abilities and attest to your ability to be successful in our program. These references will receive an email with directions complete the recommendation.
- Current resume detailing all education and nursing work experience
- Individual unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Copy of current Preliminary SNS Credential
- Application fee paid online when submitting the application
For complete details about the university application process, refer to the CSUF Admissions website.
The Cal State Apply Guide for SNSC Applicants (coming soon!) will assist you in completing the university application. Please download and review prior to starting your application.
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENT
After completing the online application, you must submit the following:
- Official transcripts from the college/university where you received your Bachelor's degree
- Official transcripts from the college/university where you completed the community health nursing prerequisite (if course was not taken as part of your Bachelor's degree)
- Official transcripts from the college/university where you completed the audiology requirement (if completed)
No other transcripts are needed to complete the initial application. You will be notified if additional transcripts are needed.
Your transcripts must be submitted directly to CSUF Admissions by the application deadline.
Electronic transcripts are preferred. Review the Admissions website for details and instructions.
The Fall 2023 application will be available starting October 1, 2023. The Fall 2023 application deadline is February 1, 2023. The following items must be submitted by this date:
- Online Application
- University application fee
- Official electronic transcripts