Upper Division Transfer BSN Application Process
FALL 2024 UPDATE: Beginning with the Fall 2024 application cycle, we will no longer accept in-progress prerequisite courses. All prerequisites must be completed by the end of Fall 2023 in order to apply and be considered for Fall 2024 admission.
We recommend all prospective applicants thoroughly read all pages of this website so that they fully understand the minimum requirements for admission to this pathway, and understand the required steps of the application process. Please note that an applicant cannot be admitted to the University (CSUF) without also being admitted to the major through the School of Nursing (SON). Admission decisions will arrive after the entire application process for both the university and the SON (outlined below) have been completed.
CSUF APPLICATION PROCESS
Complete and submit the CSUF undergraduate application between October 1 - November 30 via Cal State Apply .
If you have questions about the University application, please contact the CSUF Office of Admissions directly.
If you are having technical issues with the Cal State Apply application, please contact Cal State Apply directly.
Have one set of official transcripts from every college-level institution you have attended sent to the CSUF Office of Admissions, either electronically or by mail. If you have earned AP/IB credit, you must also send your official score report.
The deadline for those applying to the nursing major is January 31.
Please make sure to send your transcripts to the CSUF Office of Admissions and not to the School of Nursing. CSUF currently accepts electronic official college transcripts, or, you may have your official transcripts mailed to the address below. The preferred method is official electronic transcripts.
California State University, Fullerton
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 6900
Fullerton, CA 92834
SON APPLICATION PROCESS
The School of Nursing (SON) application will be available on our Apply Now page between December 1 - January 15. A completed School of Nursing online application includes uploading all required documents:
- Individual unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Must be a current complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grade and credit hours, and term in which the course was taken (required).
- If an applicant attended a higher education institution outside of the USA, they must submit the native language unofficial transcript AND a professional equivalency evaluation in English (required).
- It is required that the applicant's final Fall grades (during the application period) are to be uploaded before the 1/15 deadline (required).
- If an applicant will be in-progress with any courses during the Winter term of the application period, the applicant must upload proof of enrollment before the 1/15 deadline. The applicant must show enrollment - proof of being on a waitlist is not acceptable. The advisor will follow up with the applicant via email, to collect the final grade in January or early February (required).
- If an applicant will be in-progress with any courses during the Spring semester of the application period, the applicant must upload proof of enrollment before the 1/15 deadline. The applicant must show enrollment - proof of being on a waitlist is not acceptable (required).
- AP/IB Score Report. If an applicant has earned AP or IB credit, they must upload the score report. We will not accept AP/IB credit displayed on an institution transcript – we will only accept the College Board or IB Report (required).
- Statement of Purpose Essay. All applicants must follow the directions within the application and respond to the essay prompt by the application deadline (required).
- Verification of Volunteer Hours Letter (optional / if applicable).
- Work Experience: Clinical Certifications or Licenses (optional / if applicable).
Please note that only COMPLETE applications are considered for admission.
All completed applications will be reviewed for admission. Top candidates will be invited to participate in an interview. Applicants will be notified by email if they are invited to interview.
PLEASE NOTE: Once admitted into the program, students are required to have current health insurance, current CA driver's license, auto insurance, CPR certification, and must also meet the health requirements of the university and assigned clinical agencies. Health clearance requirements include the following: physical exam, two (2) step Tuberculosis screening, and positive titers for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hepatitis-B, COVID-19, and flu vaccine. The majority of healthcare agencies require that nursing students have a clear criminal background check in order to participate in clinical placement(s) at their respective facilities; background checks will be required of all students. Please be aware that a social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) is required for background checks and for applying for license as a Registered Nurse in California.